As a business we aim to hold as little personal information as possible but we hope the following information will answer any questions you have but if not please contact us.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you place an order within our showroom
- When you contact us via our website or telephone
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- When you book a survey with us we’ll ask for your name, address, email and telephone number.
How and why do we use your personal data?
We only collect information you provide when completing online forms, visiting our showroom or by placing an order with us.
- To process any orders placed over the telephone or in our showroom. If we don’t collect your personal data, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our terms and conditions. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to deliver your order and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any obligations such as warranties.
- To respond to your queries. Using the information provided to us enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions, we do not store card information.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your orders to keep you informed by email, mail and telephone.
- You are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all areas of our website and apps using ‘https’ technology.
We do not provide and log in online services or accept online payments.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted completely from live records.
For example, when you place an order we’ll keep the personal data you give us for seven years so we can comply with our HMRC obligations.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We only share your personal data with trusted third parties, for example.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact us via post, or email. To ask for your information to be amended please contact us.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. This can be updated by contacting us.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further marketing emails
You can contact our Customer Services team who can update your preferences on your request.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us and we will be pleased to help.